Re: AUST Only: Training Course by Jonathan Lewis

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 19:02:30 GMT

anti-spam_at_anti-spam.anti-spam wrote:

> Let me convey my appologies for posting to the .MISC newsgroup and not
> the .MARKETPLACE. However, I do not appologise for the content. It
> has nothing to do with SPAMING. Maybe some of you who are throwing
> the stones might want to do some research on the meaning of spamming
> in regards to newsgroup.

their point was it is OFF TOPIC. You are right, spamming is not the correct term. But that and your apology is about the only things you got right in this thread.

> Like I said initially, read the Subject line. If it does not apply to
> you, skip it. It even says on the 1st line
>
> "If you are not in Australia, disregard this posting"

By this logic, posting test messages with "please ignore" in the subject line are OKAY in you view. The trouble, I still have to download those headers.

If you are just focusing on AUST, then learn to use the Distribution: header so that only Australia readers will ever see your post.

> It was intended to contact Australian readers that might find the
> information useful. Lets just chill out.

If you are just focusing on AUST, then learn to use the Distribution: header so that only Australia readers will ever see your post.

Please don't do it next time. The logic of this last paragraph implies that if Iwanted to contact my college friends, I might post here with a subject like: "for friends of Ed Prochak, all others please ignore"

Note,we reply to your justifications hopefully so that other posters learn what NOT TO DO. I know you will not make this mistake again.

Thanks for listening. And to any posters that gain some insight that stops you posting off topic, thank you for reading so patiently.

--
Ed Prochak
running    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/running-faq/