Oracle 8i on Win XP

From: Peter Geldhof <peter.geldhof_at_anteris.be>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 17:49:56 +0200

Hi,

OS: Win XP Professional

For testing purposes I downloaded Oracle 8i (8.1.7) enterprise edition. When I try to startup the Oracle Universal Installer it immediately dies ... my processor goes to 100% and then immediately stops. I do this on a brand new (may 2003) Compaq Evo N1020 (512MB, 1.8Ghz proc etc ...)

The strange thing is that I tried this installation already several times on other laptops without any problems. Does anyone know what might be wrong ? (I've installed the JVM from Sun) Do I need to set manually some environment variables ?

Thanks,
Peter Received on Wed May 14 2003 - 10:49:56 CDT