question : select

From: delaigue <pascal.delaigue_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 01:18:09 +0200

Hello,

My purpose is to select the lines from the table "dossier" fulfilling conditions on fields belonging to the table "demande" ( "dossierid" is a primary key of table "dossier" and the couple ("dossierid", "demandeid") is a primary key of the table "demande" )

I've tried to run this request via an interface for oracle ( TOADD ) :

(1)
select numdossier from dossier
where dossierid in
( select dossierid from demande where demandeid between '165000000' and
'170000000' and originedemande = 'e-Mail' and etatdemande = 'Transférée' )
and it does not work, it makes TOADD run out For, there really is at least one line fulfilling the three conditions

Something particular is that the table "demande" is not in the same database than the table "dossier", so I've tried some other things to make sure it doesn't cause troubles about jointures and sub-queries "select" :

this request does not work ( makes TOADD run out ) : select numdossier from dossier
where dossierid = ( select ftdossierid from demande where demandeid =
'165420327' )

this request does work :
select MonDossier.numdossier from dossier MonDossier, demande MaDemande where MonDossier.dossierid = MaDemande.dossierid and MaDemande.demandeid =
'165420327'

this one does work ( makes TOADD run out ) : select MonDossier.numdossier from dossier MonDossier, demande MaDemande where MonDossier.dossierid = MaDemande.dossierid and MaDemande.demandeid between '165420325' and '165420329'

Can anybody tell me if there is something wrong in the request (1) ? Or give me a simple way to implement it differently ?

Thank you by advance,
Pascal Delaigue
Good night

P.S. : perhaps my english/american writing is not good, it's because I'm french -> if there are big mistakes, please tell me, thanks Received on Fri May 09 2003 - 18:18:09 CDT