Re: ddl and plsql..can someone spot the error?

From: Jeff Kish <jeff.kish_at_mro.com>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 13:16:00 -0400

On Tue, 06 May 2003 22:31:36 GMT, Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com> wrote:

>jeff.kish_at_mro.com said...
>> Greetings.
>>
>> I'm terribly sorry if I am just blind, but I don't use plsql and ddl together very often.

<snip>

>You have probably already checked this, but since you didn't say ... how
>did you determine that the NOTE table exists? Is the owner of the
>package the same userid as the owner of the table? Did you connect to
>the same userid that owns the package? Is EXECUTE on the package
>assigned to a role or to the userid directly? You could connect to the
>package's userid and create a private synonym -
>
> create synonym note for owner.note;

Thanks for the assistance. I knew the table existed because I looked in a database viewer (sql plus). I messed around with the code, and ended up using some from another post, and also added authid current_user in the title of the package which took care of some privileges problems I was having after.

The authid current_user is, I gather from the notes, something to give a level of authority to the pl/sql package because at compile time it does not know?

Thanks,
Jeff Received on Thu May 08 2003 - 12:16:00 CDT