Re: OCIBreak from different process

From: Amit <jindal_at_roguewave.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:20:18 -0600

It will be interesting to see the result of this. However as I understand, when OCI library is loaded for an application, it customizes itself on loading (e.g. NLS parameters). Now that makes me wonder since the initialized part is separate for two processes, will sharing the context work? Since the context is associated with the OCIEnv* you might want to share that as well. Also you might want to try OCI_SHARED flag to see if that does the trick.

To get the same effect as OCI_SHARED, I think Oracle has an environment variable OCI_SHARED_MODE that achives the same thing as initializing OCIEnvCreate with OCI_SHARED mode.

Good luck!

Amit Jindal, Development Engineer

Want ease of development or performance? Why not get both!
http://www.roguewave.com/products/sourcepro/db/

Turbo charge any C/C++ apps - without changing code!
http://www.roguewave.com/ATSevan01

[Disclaimer: All views expressed here are my personal views
             and they can be incorrect at times]