Re: Can Ora 8i Write and Read XML data?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:18:05 GMT

Fred Zimmerman wrote:

> My ? is whether Ora 8i can read XML data, and write
> XML data to and from an Ora database.
>
> I come from SQL Server world, where these facilities
> are part of SS 2000 environment.
>
> F.Z. Boston, MA

Check Oracle's Technology Network (http://otn.oracle.com) & search for XML. XML has been supported in Oracle's databases for a long time. I think you'll find the support is somewhat more complete than in some other rdbms's. And it's modular so you can download the incremental capabilities from OTN.

You might also want to search online bookstores for XML & Oracle. There are quite a number of good books on the subject. Received on Thu Apr 24 2003 - 14:18:05 CDT