Re: stored proc to create sequence, insufficent priv

From: Ken Chesak <datavector_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Apr 2003 13:04:16 -0700

>Daniel Morgan  wrote

> You do not have privileges in the RIDES_DEV schema to create a sequence explicitly
> granted to your current schema. And, quite frankly, you should not be writing a stored
> procedure to do this. Just execute the code at the command line.
>
> The above is overcomplication without redeeming benefit.

I would agree it an overcomplicated proc to create just a sequence. But actually this procedure will be very usefull during development. I have many tables and sequences, as the data is loaded and reloaded in development, things can get out of order. This proc would check each sequence and make sure it is in sync with the corresponding table. Hopefully this proc wont be required in production.

The "create sequence" is granted via a role, that might be the problem. I was able to use "alter sequence" in the proc.

thanks Received on Thu Apr 24 2003 - 15:04:16 CDT