Re: isql*plus and apacheserver troubles

From: Michael Blaser <miblaser_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:42:08 +0200

"Alison Holloway" <Xalison.holloway_at_oracle.comX> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3EA7440F.6070906_at_oracle.comX...
> Michael Blaser wrote:
> > Hi folks
> >
> > Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 on Windows 2000 Professional SP2
> >
> > I got a problem with my isql*plus and apacheserver. I just installed a
new
> > computer and put Oracle 9i on it. Now I'm not able to connect with my
> > isql*plus to the apacheserver. I checked the apache and it is running,
but
> > not really actually, the apache writes in the error_log over and over
again
> > till the disk is full, unbelievable the error_log-file is in approx. 15
min.
> > over 10GB big. The error in the error_log is the same everytime:
> >
> > [Wed Apr 23 18:16:33 2003] [notice] FastCGI: process manager initialized
> > [Wed Apr 23 18:16:33 2003] [warn] FastCGI: server
> > "c:/oracle/ora92/bin/isqlplus" started (pid 2068)
> > [Wed Apr 23 18:16:34 2003] [warn] FastCGI: server
> > "c:/oracle/ora92/bin/isqlplus" (pid 2068) terminated with exit with
status
> > '8091904'
> > [Wed Apr 23 18:16:38 2003] [warn] FastCGI: server
> > "c:/oracle/ora92/bin/isqlplus" restarted (pid 2008)
> > [Wed Apr 23 18:16:38 2003] [warn] FastCGI: server
> > "c:/oracle/ora92/bin/isqlplus" (pid 2008) terminated with exit with
status
> > '8091904'
> > . . . .
> >
> > I tryed it several times with a new installation but always the same. I
> > scanned the internet everywhere to find out, what the "exit with status
> > '8091904'" could mean, but I didn't find anything.
> >
> > Does anyone had ever the same problem, does anyone know the meaning of
the
> > "exit with status '8091904'" or does anyone has any hints or even a
> > solution?!
> >
> > Every hints, tips and tricks are appreciated.
> >
> > thx mike
> >

> Michale,

> We (Oracle) haven't been able to reproduce this problem. Here is a
workaround for you.

> Workaround: Disable iSQL*Plus.

> To disable iSQL*Plus, comment out the isqlplus.conf include line in the
oracle_apache.conf
> configuration file by inserting a # at the beginning of the line, ie:
>

> # include "ORACLE_HOME\sqlplus\admin\isqlplus.conf"
>
> Then restart the Oracle HTTP Server. iSQL*Plus should now be disabled, and
no more
> FastCGI/iSQL*Plus errors are written to the error_log file.
>
> If you are able to spare some time before you disable iSQL*Plus, it would
be helpful if
> you could give us more information. I've seen this happen a few times, but
haven't yet had
> enough information to reproduce it, and thereby fix the problem.
>
> If you could set the iSQLPlusLogLevel parameter in the isqlplus.conf file
> iSQLPlusLogLevel=debug, then email sqlplus_at_oracle.com the contents of the
log file created at:

> [...]

Hi Alison

Thanks for your workaround. It worked, but it's a pitty, that I can't use the isql*plus.

Anyway, I tryed to get this log.xml log file and did exactly as you said, but unfortunaly it didn't work either. I didn't get a log.xml file at all, even I tryed several times. The only log file I get is the error_log and this one is BIG as I said above. Any further suggestions?

thx Mike Received on Thu Apr 24 2003 - 12:42:08 CDT