Re: isql*plus and apacheserver troubles

From: Alison Holloway <Xalison.holloway_at_oracle.comX>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:55:27 +1000

Michael Blaser wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 on Windows 2000 Professional SP2
>
> I got a problem with my isql*plus and apacheserver. I just installed a new
> computer and put Oracle 9i on it. Now I'm not able to connect with my
> isql*plus to the apacheserver. I checked the apache and it is running, but
> not really actually, the apache writes in the error_log over and over again
> till the disk is full, unbelievable the error_log-file is in approx. 15 min.
> over 10GB big. The error in the error_log is the same everytime:
>
> [Wed Apr 23 18:16:33 2003] [notice] FastCGI: process manager initialized
> [Wed Apr 23 18:16:33 2003] [warn] FastCGI: server
> "c:/oracle/ora92/bin/isqlplus" started (pid 2068)
> [Wed Apr 23 18:16:34 2003] [warn] FastCGI: server
> "c:/oracle/ora92/bin/isqlplus" (pid 2068) terminated with exit with status
> '8091904'
> [Wed Apr 23 18:16:38 2003] [warn] FastCGI: server
> "c:/oracle/ora92/bin/isqlplus" restarted (pid 2008)
> [Wed Apr 23 18:16:38 2003] [warn] FastCGI: server
> "c:/oracle/ora92/bin/isqlplus" (pid 2008) terminated with exit with status
> '8091904'
> . . . .
>
> I tryed it several times with a new installation but always the same. I
> scanned the internet everywhere to find out, what the "exit with status
> '8091904'" could mean, but I didn't find anything.
>
> Does anyone had ever the same problem, does anyone know the meaning of the
> "exit with status '8091904'" or does anyone has any hints or even a
> solution?!
>
> Every hints, tips and tricks are appreciated.
>
> thx mike

Michale,

We (Oracle) haven't been able to reproduce this problem. Here is a workaround for you.

Workaround: Disable iSQL*Plus.

To disable iSQL*Plus, comment out the isqlplus.conf include line in the oracle_apache.conf configuration file by inserting a # at the beginning of the line, ie:

# include "ORACLE_HOME\sqlplus\admin\isqlplus.conf"

Then restart the Oracle HTTP Server. iSQL*Plus should now be disabled, and no more FastCGI/iSQL*Plus errors are written to the error_log file.

If you are able to spare some time before you disable iSQL*Plus, it would be helpful if you could give us more information. I've seen this happen a few times, but haven't yet had enough information to reproduce it, and thereby fix the problem.

If you could set the iSQLPlusLogLevel parameter in the isqlplus.conf file to iSQLPlusLogLevel=debug, then email sqlplus_at_oracle.com the contents of the log file created at:

%ORACLE_HOME%\sqlplus\log\isqlplus\log.xml

Don't forget to set the iSQLPlusLogLevel back to off when you have some results in the log file.

Alison Holloway
SQL*Plus Product Manager, Oracle Corporation Received on Wed Apr 23 2003 - 20:55:27 CDT