Re: TNS Listener Not Installed

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:14:54 GMT

The Listener is [generally] installed on the same server as the database. I have always seen the Listener being installed at the same time as the RDBMS server.

However, the Listener is a separate program from the RDBMS and must be started separately. In a Windows environment, I'd expect this to be seen as a Service that can be started and stopped using tools in the Control Panel. IIRC, the service name should contain either "LSNR" or "Listener". Received on Wed Apr 16 2003 - 10:14:54 CDT