Re: recovery question

From: Steve Ashmore <sashmore_at_neonramp.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 05:42:41 -0500

Assuming your database is in Archivelog mode and you have a valid backup, you should be able to recover the system tablespace datafiles. startup mount the database.
recover database.
alter database open.

To ensure you know what you are doing, I recommend you refer to the Backup and Recovery Guide, before proceeding.

Best of Luck.

Stephen C. Ashmore
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Administration http://www.brainbench.com
Author of: 'So You Want to be an Oracle DBA?'