error 204 how identify corrupted file?

From: <dcurtolo_at_metgroup.it>
Date: 14 Apr 2003 03:32:36 -0700

Hello.
I've got a read error on some control file that cause oracle instance going on 3113 error at startup -> open.

trace on startup process tell me more:

from alertTESTDDL.log:

Tue Apr 8 11:38:25 2003
Rolling back half complete log switch of thread 1 LGWR: terminating instance due to error 204 Instance terminated by LGWR, pid = 2287

from lgwr_2287.trc

WAIT #0: nam='control file sequential read' ela= 0 p1=0 p2=40 p3=1 error 204 detected in background process

How do I identify that control file oracle can't read?

Regards
David. Received on Mon Apr 14 2003 - 05:32:36 CDT