Re: 9ias / 6iserver reports

From: Sebastiano Pilla <etechweb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 19:17:36 +0200

Frank <franks_at_eng.dowjones.com> wrote:

> If anyone has gone through this before, I would really appreciate any
> solutions you might have.
> We really want to run the web server on port 80, but the report server
> is being quite stubborn about that and just can't access the report
> output from the servlet that runs as root.

I haven't done this before, but a possible solution may be setting up another Apache listener on port 80 as a reverse proxy to the Oracle HTTP listener on port 7777. In this way you shouldn't have permission problems in getting at the report output.

If you decide to go this route, you should evaluate if the additional Apache overhead is acceptable or not in your situation.

Sebastiano Pilla Received on Sun Apr 13 2003 - 12:17:36 CDT