Old password authentication and logout button

From: Kathleen Ranes <kathleen.m.ranes_at_boeing.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 20:50:37 GMT

We currently have an Oracle web application using an 8.1.7 database and 9ias web server running on a NT server.
Users logon from the web using the 9ias logon userid authentication. I have two requirements.
1) To have a "log off" button for users instead of requiring them to close all occurrences of their browser window inorder to log them out.

AND 2)To authenticate their old password before allowing the user to change their password to something else.

I've read in the Oracle material that ocipasswordchange() can be used to verify the old password, but I'm not using C or Perl and want to be able to run it from a PL/SQL package.

Any ideas to accomplish the above would be appreciated. Received on Fri Apr 11 2003 - 15:50:37 CDT