sqlplus behaviour clarification : "could not resolve service name"

From: samir <samirks_at_operamail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:03:54 -0700

Hi,

Even after throwing back following error :

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

sqlplus prompts for username/password.

Please let me know why it does so and is there a way to disable it. Basically, we don't want to prompt the user for username/password when sqlplus client fails to connect to database (we are invoking sqlplus from a shell script and providing a .sql file on the command line ).

Thanks and regards,
samir Received on Thu Apr 10 2003 - 14:03:54 CDT