Re: What issues with a large number of triggers?

From: Gabriel Gonzalez <no-spam_at_no-spam.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 17:01:21 -0700

No problems I can think of... The only thing people seem to be surprised about from time to time is that Oracle does not guarantee the order of trigger execution when there is more than one trigger of the same type for the same table.

If you are writing auditing/logging triggers, then I would recommend you create them as _after_ insert/update/delete that way you'll be guaranteed to see any changes before-type triggers make, such as ":new.fname := upper(:new.fname)" (or whatever). This would also help to not post false logging entries if another trigger aborts the operation by throwing an exception because of some error in the data Received on Wed Apr 09 2003 - 19:01:21 CDT