Intermittent oracle error

From: Thom Williams <twilliams_at_adittech.com>
Date: 9 Apr 2003 14:00:58 -0700

I have a VB 6 service pack 5 application talking to an Oracle 9i backend. I am getting intermittent errors executing a stored procedure. The user can log in one time and everything is fine, and then another time they get the following error.

-2147217900 ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'GETINVENTORYFACILITIES'
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored OraOLEDB

This procedure returns a ref cursor (facility cursor is a type defined as a ref cursor) and takes no other arguments

PROCEDURE GetInventoryFacilities(IFCURSOR OUT FacilityCursor)IS BEGIN
     OPEN ifcursor FOR SELECT * FROM facility WHERE active = 'Y' AND trackinventory = 'Y';

END Getinventoryfacilities;

The intermittent nature of this is driving me crazy. The error does not wait long enough to be a timeout issue. Anyone know if an underlying communication issue to the server can look like this?

please email me at twilliams_at_adittech.com Received on Wed Apr 09 2003 - 16:00:58 CDT