Re: Help: Using oo4o create stored procedure

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 02:16:42 GMT

John wrote:
> I tried to create a stored procedure using oo4o. It is created in
> database, but the status is always invalid, what should I do? The code
> I am using are following in VB6:
> Set OO4OSession = CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession")
>
> Set hrDBSession = OO4OSession.OpenDatabase("oradev", "username/pwd",
> 0&)
>
> sql1 = "create or replace PROCEDURE test ( PARAM_ID IN NUMBER ) AS
> BEGIN DELETE FROM MICROSOFTDTPROPERTIES WHERE OBJECTID = PARAM_ID; END
> test;"
>
> hrDBSession.ExecuteSQL (sql1)
>
> If Err.Number <> 0 Then
> MsgBox Err.Description
> Err.Clear
> End If
> Is there anything I have to do? Thank you very much for your advice in
> advance.

Sorry, I don't ahve an answer for you but I have a couple questions.

  1. isn't OO4O (Oracle Objects for OLE) old/deprecated?
  2. Why do you want to create procedures in this manner anyway? Such dynamic procedures can cause a lot of grief.

(PS, I suspect your answer is that OO4O does not support DDL, which is what a CREATE ANYTHING statement is.)

  HTH

--
Ed Prochak
running: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/running-faq/