Re: Q: Installing Oracle on uncertified Linux, like Debian, DownloadRedHat, Gentoo ?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 12:58:17 -0800

Guido Stepken wrote:

> Hi out there !
>
> I am still wondering, why the heck oracle 8i/9i shouldn't run on any
> Linux, preferably Debian, Gentoo, RedHat 8.0 download edition ?
>
> I know, that suse on its enterprise edition (SLES) has exchanged a
> function in glibc, which caused a memory leak in oracle. Oracle has
> sent its own code for being replaced in SuSE.
>
> So it can be, that other distributions have a memory leak too.
>
> My question: Who has installed and running oracle stable on uncertified
> Linux distributions ?
>
> Stable configurations wanted: Linux Distribution, Kernel - #, libc-#.......
>
> tnx in advance, regards, Guido Stepken

Since when?

An Oracle license with CSI number, based on Oracle's support policy, includes operating system support for RedHat and SUSE and at least one other vendor's product. Check with Oracle support.

What could be a stronger statement on Oracle's part than allowing you to open a TAR on Linux?

Daniel Morgan Received on Sat Mar 22 2003 - 14:58:17 CST