Q: Installing Oracle on uncertified Linux, like Debian, Download RedHat, Gentoo ?

From: Guido Stepken <stepken_at_little-idiot.de>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 14:25:37 +0100

Hi out there !

I am still wondering, why the heck oracle 8i/9i shouldn't run on any Linux, preferably Debian, Gentoo, RedHat 8.0 download edition ?

I know, that suse on its enterprise edition (SLES) has exchanged a function in glibc, which caused a memory leak in oracle. Oracle has sent its own code for being replaced in SuSE.

So it can be, that other distributions have a memory leak too.

My question: Who has installed and running oracle stable on uncertified Linux distributions ?

Stable configurations wanted: Linux Distribution, Kernel - #, libc-#.......

tnx in advance, regards, Guido Stepken Received on Sat Mar 22 2003 - 07:25:37 CST