Re: Referece to View as foreign key

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 12:48:37 -0800

Alexander Portwein wrote:

> DA Morgan wrote:
> > There is no reason to even attempt creating a referential reference to a
> > view when you can do it to the underlying table.
>
> Exactly! I do not have acces to the underlying Table - nevertheless I
> need some kind of reference...what do I do now?
>
> Regards
> Alex

Then one can draw one of only two conclusions.

  1. No foreign key is possible because your DBA and management have decided that you, and your work, do not warrant granting permission to create one.
  2. You need to talk to your DBA and management, explain what you need, and ask them to grant you the appropriate privilege.

There are no work-arounds to Oracle security. If there were ... there would be no security.

Daniel Morgan Received on Sun Mar 16 2003 - 14:48:37 CST