oracle bulk loader

From: david nathan katcher <dkatcher_at_students.uiuc.edu>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 23:05:44 -0600

I am trying to load a large amount of data into my database. The problem is that it is not formatted well. I ran a script to pull the data from the website and it is in a text file like this: Nov 22-W vs. Mt St Marys 84-60

I want to read Nov 22 into one column, vs into another, Mt St Marys in another, 84 into another column, and 60 into one more. I am not sure how to do this other than by fields terminated by 'whatever'. Since all fields are terminated by different ways, is there anyway to do this?

Thanks for the help.

David Katcher Received on Sun Mar 09 2003 - 23:05:44 CST