[PL/SQL] Dynamic SQL: execute immediate with insufficient privileges

From: Manfred Pruntsch <manfred.pruntsch_at_ifcos.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:19:18 +0100

Hi all,

I try to get a create table statement running in a stored procedure. The code looks:

begin

EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'drop table temp_tbl'; EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'create table temp_tbl(id integer, entry varchar2(64))';

end;

I've got the error message 'ORA-01031: insufficient privileges' while performing the second execute. The first one works fine. When I'm running the create statement separately (e.g. sql worksheet) it works. I'm always logged on as the same user.
Any hints would be appriciated.

regards
Manfred Received on Thu Feb 27 2003 - 10:19:18 CST