HELP! Default date format in SQL*Plus isn't dd-mon-yy!

From: R <R_at_R.R>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:40:53 GMT

Hi!

I'm in a bind here. Doing some schoolwork and for some reason the default date format produced by SQL*Plus is not the expected dd-mon-year, but YY-MM-DD. I've tried altering the settings in my Date/Time control panel with no success.

This wouldn't be a big issue except when I create my tables using the given script, the dates are corrupted, since they are in the default format and not the expected format.

Can anyone tell me what to enter in Oracle's SQL*Plus client to change the default date?

I'm running this on a Windows XP machine with the Oracle 9i personal edition installed.

Thanks!

P.s. Also getting a comma in place of a decimal point. If there's a quick fix for this, I'd appreciate it as well. Received on Wed Feb 26 2003 - 04:40:53 CST