Problem with install oracle on redhat 7.3

From: Stefan Hilfiker <"Stefan>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:22:06 +0100

Hi @all

I've got a problem with install oracle on redhat 7.3. I have a install-document: http://staff.in2.hr/denis/oracle/817install_rh73_en.html My problem is: If I try to run "runInstaller" then the commandline shows the message: Initializing Java Virtual Machine from ../stage/Components........ Please wait...
It's all. Then the program hangs. ps -ef shows that it needs a lot of CPU Time. I let it run during 10 minutes, but nothing has changed. I run the runInstaller from the CD root directory and this one of the linux directory. Both can not start.
Can you say my how I can install oracle 8.1.7?

Thanks and greets
Stefan Received on Wed Feb 26 2003 - 03:22:06 CST