Oracle locks

From: Stefano <nodaris_at_tiscalinet.it>
Date: 25 Feb 2003 12:08:03 -0800

Hi,

I need to keep track of when a lock is created and destroyed on a specific table, I know that V$LOCK (and other views) contains the information I need, but I need to create a sort of audit trail. I tried with the following:

audit insert on V$LOCK
audit delete on V$LOCK

and I verified that when a lock is created one or more rows are created (and can be seen) in V$LOCK, but nevertheless the addition of new rows is not recorder in the audit trail table and infact:

select USERNAME, TERMINAL,
to_char(TIMESTAMP,'dd-mon-yyyy hh:mm:ss'), OBJ_NAME, ACTION_NAME
from dba_audit_object

returns no new rows.
I guess that this is because rows are added somewhere else and since V$LOCK is a view the events of INSERT and DELETE are not related to the view itself but to the tables underneath. I tried to retrieve the information about which tables lay under V$LOCK view but I wasn't able.
Is there somebody that is willing to provide me this piece of information?
Is there somebody that knows a different solution to my problem

Thank you very much in advance

Regards

Stefano Received on Tue Feb 25 2003 - 14:08:03 CST