Re: Selling Oracle MRP System

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:00:47 -0800

Geoff Lansberry wrote:

> I'm looking for information about selling an installation of Oracle
> which we own, but do not use. We have purchased the assets of a
> bankrupt company, which had just installed an Oracle MRP system. They
> paid 1.1 million dollars for it. We have no intent on using it ever.
> I am trying to find out if Oracle will allow me to sell the
> installation. Please help me out by answering the following
> questions:
>
> 1) Will Oracle allow the transfer of the license?
> 2) How can I find out what we actually own?
> 3) What would be a good place to advertise - eBay?
> 4) Any guesses how much someone would pay?
>
> Thank you for your help
> Geoff

Asking these questions in a usenet group are a marvelous way to get inaccurate and misleading information. And the answer might well depend on your country or other criteria. Ask Oracle directly. And ask your corporate legal counsel to review the license agreement.

Depending on the original license you might not even have a marketable asset.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Feb 25 2003 - 15:00:47 CST