Re: Oracle 9i Application Server

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 10:07:47 +0100

Ana C. Dent wrote:
> "Lanying & Manfred Chen-Fischer" <manfis_at_chen-fischer.de> wrote in
>

>>Hi my friends,
>>
>>I've an Oracle 9.2 database system and I want to check some of these
>>nice functions of Application Server tools.
>>
>>During installation of portal service I don't get a connection to sys
>>on my host:port:sid, TNS and database are running, I 've checked a
>>connection scott/tiger_at_orcl, it works.

Well what did you sepcify? scott/tiger_at_orcl is tns host:port:sid is (thin) JDBC, so it does not prove much

>>What in the hell can I do, to continue with portal installation, net 8
>>and http have been installed without problems.

You have http? You really want portal? http and database come with mod_plsql, too.

>>ManFis
>>

> Once AGAIN no OS or OS Version specified. :-(
> Once AGAIN no version of Oracle 9iAS (R1 or R2)?
>
> You'll have at least two different ORACLE_HOME trees.
> I suspect that that you have at least two different DBs;
> one for your application & one for Portal.
Not quite - you can install Portal in a remote database, leaving Apache on the front end. In a secured environment a much used solution, but painful to implement

> Too little information to speculate further.

Agreed

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel