Re: Oracle 9i Application Server

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 15:05:26 GMT

"Lanying & Manfred Chen-Fischer" <manfis_at_chen-fischer.de> wrote in news:b2o0gn$klv$01$1_at_news.t-online.com:

> Hi my friends,
>
> I've an Oracle 9.2 database system and I want to check some of these
> nice functions of Application Server tools.
>
> During installation of portal service I don't get a connection to sys
> on my host:port:sid, TNS and database are running, I 've checked a
> connection scott/tiger_at_orcl, it works.
>
> What in the hell can I do, to continue with portal installation, net 8
> and http have been installed without problems.
>
> ManFis

Once AGAIN no OS or OS Version specified. :-( Once AGAIN no version of Oracle 9iAS (R1 or R2)?

You'll have at least two different ORACLE_HOME trees. I suspect that that you have at least two different DBs; one for your application & one for Portal.

Too little information to speculate further.

HAND! Received on Sun Feb 16 2003 - 09:05:26 CST