Re: Problem connecting Oracle from Windows service

From: Matthias Meyer <matthias.meyer_at_softron.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:32:58 +0100

"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3e492231$0$6271$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net...
> When it is run as a service it is not an interactive or authenticated
user.
> Try either setting the service to run as the local system account or
> granting the rights directly to the user account. I also seem to recall
that
> the ms provider at least needs full control to the temp directory
location.

The service must not run as LocalSystem because it needs access to network resources. Therefore we configured the service to use a domain account. The same domain account is also used to log on to the desktop on the same machine and to start the client application. So both apps (interactive client and service) use the same account and should have the same privileges. However, there must be a subtle difference so that the service app does not find the Oracle binaries. Received on Tue Feb 11 2003 - 10:32:58 CST