Re: page count in SQL*PLUS report

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 22:51:55 GMT

Frank wrote:
> Karsten Farrell wrote:

>> But who could figure out the syntax for RPT? Like IBM mainframe JCL,
>> you never started from scratch ... always copy and edit.
>>

> Hmmm. Have been doing both from scratch. RPT reminded me of
> transactional COBOL on the TI990/DX10 (No, not DNOS).
>
> Frank

Well, you're a braver man than I am! Never could get my disks RALR'd right (see what I mean, I don't think I even remember how to spell that). But can you imagine trying to sell RPT to the Java-generation? Good thing Oracle came up with web-enabled Reports.

Never used that brand of COBOL ... but practically every other one on the planet. :) That's the trouble with living a long time ... the list of "been there, done that" gets way too long. Received on Wed Jan 22 2003 - 16:51:55 CST