Re: Oracle 9i, Where to start?????

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 22:42:22 GMT

FORY wrote:
> Hi all:
> I have a question. We will be implementing Oracle 9i [O9i] in the
> next 3 months, and we were required to start learning, in our own time,
> Oracle, specifically REPORTING. this is my question: Does O9i have a
> reporting tool, or utility?
> I've been looking on www.oracle.com <http://www.oracle.com> library,
> and I can't find any tool or utility, am I doing something wrong here?
>
> I know nothing about Oracle, that's why I'm requesting your advice.
>
> Thankx
>
> --

You might want to go to docs.oracle.com (or tahiti.oracle.com - searchable online docs). You can visit www.oracle.com if you want marketing stuff.

You can look up Oracle Reports. Another good starting point is to read the Concepts Guide and Developers Guide. Of course, if you're near a bookstore, there are plenty of books about Oracle. If you want to really find out about Oracle inside-and-out, you'll want to get Tom Kyte's Oracle One-on-One book (expensive, but not when you consider the ratio of knowledge to money ... and he speaks our language). Received on Wed Jan 22 2003 - 16:42:22 CST