Re: No database service using the DBA studio

From: C Chang <cschang_at_maxinter.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 10:13:54 -0500

C Chang wrote:

> Karsten Farrell wrote:
> >
> > C Chang wrote:
> > > I have an 8.1.6 Oracle installed under NT4. When I use my own username
> > > to login the network, there is no database service id under the
> > > database tree in DBA studio. However, the service id appears when I use
> > > another username to login the network. There is even no respond when I
> > > click the FILE menu inside the DBA studio window. Does anyone know how
> > > to add database service node to the database tree under my login?
> > >
> > > C Chang
> > Go into sqlplus and check for a difference in roles or privileges
> > between your account and the one that works.
> Can I ask more? What am I looking for from the privileges that for the
> DBA studio? I did not set up the server Enterprise Management, so I do
> not know what should be there. Thanks.
>
> C Chang

Karsten:

   Sorry, I probably mislead you for my question. When I said that the other login usernmae for NT network, it is only the user to login NT network, not the DATABASE. But when open the DBA studio, there is "connect', "Add Database to Tree"... under the File menu of DBA stuido. While when I login the NT network, there is NOTHING under the File menu of the DBA studio. Therefore I can not use the DBA studio to monitor the database. Since we have another database also under the same NT domain, I can have DBA stuido capability at another Workstation to this database and other DATABASE. So It must be incorret set-up of the DBA studio in this workstation. Can you help? Greatly appreciate.

C Chang Received on Sat Jan 18 2003 - 09:13:54 CST