Re: Enhancement SQL*Plus (prev.: Re: Fixing a little problem in the

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 17 Jan 2003 13:05:10 -0800

DA Morgan (damorgan_at_exesolutions.com) wrote:
: Christopher.Jones_at_oracle.comX wrote:

: > "Peter van Rijn" <p.vanrijnREMOVE_at_THISzhew.nl> writes:
: > > Thanks for your comments. It certainly is an enhancement, but
: > > what I really meant was an enhancement of the prompt itself. If
: > > the prompt is set to use a variable it should be reset every
: > > time a connect command has been used. If I understand you well
: > > this has not (yet?) been realized.
: >
: > We're listening and Alison didn't give away all the good news,
: > but I don't want to comment on futures in detail.
: >
: > Note the web based iSQL*Plus 9.2 already displays the current
: > username and connect identifier in the status line.
: >
: > A comment on SQL*Plus changes: It is always hard to bring in
: > features when someone, somewhere will complain their application
: > is broken by the change. In SQL*Plus 9.0 we introduced the SET
: > SQLPLUSCOMPATIBILITY option to cater for the RDBMS redefinition
: > of NCHAR and to give us a little leeway to make future changes.
: >
: > In general, SQL scripts will be more portable if they explicitly
: > set SQLPLUSCOMPATIBILITY. The next version of SQL*Plus will have
: > an equivalent "-C" command-line option to make it easier to use
: > (OK, I just did mention more futures!)
: >
: > Chris
: >
: > --
: > Christopher Jones, Oracle Corporation, Australia.

: I have a request from my students. The ability to change the font size
: in SQL*Plus.

: They say it is hard to read when projected in a lecture hall.

: Daniel Morgan

$0.02

-1- change monitor resolution

-2- (assuming windows) use the command line version of sqlplus, and then change the font size of the DOS box window, and/or make the dos box go full screen

-3- connect to unix through a terminal emulator and use the emulator options to change the font size (same idea as #2). Received on Fri Jan 17 2003 - 15:05:10 CST