autostart sql script

From: Rob Zwartjes <rzwartje_at_robz.home.nl>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:04:40 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I have a problem with auto starting a script when running sqlplus. I know that I can load a script in sqlplus by entering :

        sqlplus myname/mypasswd @myscript.sql
It should login my and run script myscript.sql automatticaly. But this is not the case, it waits for the "/" sign. At this moment I just start sqlplus and do a get myscript.sql and then type "/" to run the script.

The body of the script looks like this:

declare

procedure1
proceduer2
procedurex
etc.
etc

function1
function2
functionx
etc
etc

begin

	procedure1

.
.

end;
The script is now 2300 lines that's why I don't post it. Only the skeleton :) I hope it is enough.

Is it possible what I want or do I have to rewrite it in ProC or Perl ? The disadvantage of Perl is, that it takes 50 min. to complete and in sqlplus 5 min. Of course JDBC and SQLJ are also possibility's. I don't mind to learn but I have to know that the out come is auto startable and quick.

Thanks in advance,

Rob Zwartjes Received on Thu Jan 16 2003 - 15:04:40 CST