Re: autostart sql script

From: -=H=- <hd999.removethispart_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:05:00 +0100

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:04:40 +0000 (UTC), rzwartje_at_robz.home.nl (Rob Zwartjes) wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a problem with auto starting a script when running sqlplus. I
>know that I can load a script in sqlplus by entering :
> sqlplus myname/mypasswd @myscript.sql

>Is it possible what I want or do I have to rewrite it in ProC or Perl ?
>The disadvantage of Perl is, that it takes 50 min. to complete and in
>sqlplus 5 min. Of course JDBC and SQLJ are also possibility's. I don't
>mind to learn but I have to know that the out come is auto startable and
>quick.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Rob Zwartjes

Hi,

if you use a UNIX-Box (al least I think you do), you might do the following:

prompt# sqlplus account/password_at_instance << THATSIT <Hit Return> @yoursqlscriptwhichisinthecurrentdirectory.sql<Hit Return> THATSIT<Hit Return>
prompt# _

best Regards,
-=H=- Received on Fri Jan 17 2003 - 04:05:00 CST