Re: Oracle backup restore question

From: s.kapitza <skapitza_at_volcanomail.com>
Date: 14 Jan 2003 01:42:01 -0800

hello,

normaly you have to set up the instance (thats the oracle Service) and startup.

(create the service, lookup the oradim command in the manuals)

should be something like

oradim - new -sid <SID> -intpwd ..... -startmode ... -pfile <path\init.ora>

as your driveletters changed, you have to rename the datafiles in mount state before you can start the database.

(Check the Admin Guide about relocating Datafiles)

hth.

Stefan