Re: Education path to OCA 9i?

From: Marco Shaw <marco_at_Znbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 09:47:54 GMT

> I would recommend that you consider the value of an OCA to be zero if you can
> "barely write a SQL statement" unless you just get your kicks by hanging
> pieces of paper on the wall.

Good point, but for me it's more about applying myself to something. An OCA is only the beginning/the basis, as my learning never stops with a cert. I work in a 5,000 employee company, and everyone has their specialization. There's not much opportunity for me to use any of my skills in firewalls, or databases, for example, which are "outside my job function".

"barely write SQL...", well at least I've installed Oracle on Linux twice already in my lifetime, and made it work. That's an achievement in itself. ;-)

I already have Oracle 9i burnt to CD.

Thanks the links.

Marco Received on Thu Jan 09 2003 - 03:47:54 CST