Re: Education path to OCA 9i?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 19:07:20 -0800

Marco Shaw wrote:

> I'm relatively experienced with Windows/UNIX OSs, and networks.
>
> I'd like to try for an OCA certification, maybe by Summer. Even though
> I can barely write an SQL statement without consulting a book.
>
> What would you guys recommend as far as stuff to read? Whether it be
> online PDFs or some books to buy.
>
> This seems like a good reference:
> "Beginning Oracle Programming" by Wrox
> http://www.wrox.com/books/186100690x.htm
>
> I read a comment by an Amazon.com purchasers that it was quite 9i oriented.
>
> Marco

I would recommend that you consider the value of an OCA to be zero if you can "barely write a SQL statement" unless you just get your kicks by hanging pieces of paper on the wall.

Start by getting a copy of Oracle from http://store.oracle.com (CD packs) and a good beginning book beginning Oracle-SQL book. Spend lots of time at http://tahiti.oracle.com reading.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Jan 08 2003 - 21:07:20 CST