Re: --> outcome each time query ran slow

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 00:14:05 +0100

On Sun, 05 Jan 2003 19:10:28 GMT, "Stephan" <test_at_test.com> wrote:

>****
>
>select id_district district_id13, district_name
>FROM district, district_street where
>(district_id=id_district) AND (place_street_id=707)
>
>call count cpu elapsed disk query current
>rows
>------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ------
>----
>Parse 52 0.08 0.08 0 0 0
>0
>Execute 26 0.04 4.65 0 78 234
>0
>Fetch 26 0.03 13.91 0 156 104
>78
>------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ------
>----
>total 104 0.15 18.64 0 234 338
>78
>
>Misses in library cache during parse: 1
>Optimizer goal: CHOOSE
>Parsing user id: 20

>****
>****
>
>select id_district district_id13, district_name
>FROM district, district_street where
>(district_id=id_district) AND (place_street_id=707)
>
>call count cpu elapsed disk query current
>rows
>------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ------
>----
>Parse 64 0.10 0.10 0 0 0
>0
>Execute 32 0.04 4.81 0 96 288
>0
>Fetch 32 0.03 16.25 0 192 128
>96
>------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ------
>----
>total 128 0.17 21.16 0 288 416
>96
>
>Misses in library cache during parse: 1
>Optimizer goal: CHOOSE
>Parsing user id: 20

You must be posting accumulated results, without even reading those results. The last set of statistics show you have run this query 32 times, and the timing results you are looking at, are the *accumulated* timings. Please try to read up on tkprof and stop wasting bandwith.

>****

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Jan 05 2003 - 17:14:05 CST