Re: Apache/Jserv, web.xml and init parameters

From: Sebastiano Pilla <etechweb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 18:39:17 +0100

John <jbradshaw777_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks. Not sure about this though. A web.xml specifies init
> parameters as in the following sample. I did not see anything in the
> jserv.properties that resembles this format. Maybe I should just move
> on to Tomcat, seems like that's what everybody is using. I used Jserv
> simply because it is already installed with ORACLE.

AFAIK JServ is a very old product, and I would be very surprised if it supported newer features such as those introduced by the Servlet 2.2 API. If you want to stay with Oracle products for your Java development, the standalone OC4J (downloadable from OTN) is a very good servlet/JSP/EJB container. The standalone version does not need an Apache installation in order to work.

Sebastiano Pilla Received on Sun Dec 29 2002 - 11:39:17 CST