Problem with object view with primary-key based object identifier

From: shor <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:34:28 +0000

Hello!
I met such problem.

t1 is persinstent-capable class:

class t1 : public PObject { .... };

T1OV is object view, based on object table T1OT I1 is primary key of the table T1OT.

Next code:
t1* t = new (conn, "T1OV") t1(...);
conn->commit();
try
{
t->markDelete();
conn->commit(); // exception throws here } ...

Works fine if T1OV defined as:
create view t1ov of t1 with object identifier default as select * from t1ot;

And throws an exception
"ORA-22883: object deletion failed"
if:
create view t1ov of t1 with object identifier (I1) as select * from t1ot;

Such problem also occurs when object view is based on relational table/view (OID is primary-key based).
Also it occurs when
t->markModified() used insted of t->markDelete()

I am using Oracle 9i second release for windows and MS VC++

Thank You