Re: Oracle Managment Server setup

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 21:51:39 +0100

"@did" <adid_at_pandora.ns.be> wrote in message news:1g4ivu85sktlriv5510d5sb0m9q5187kmc_at_4ax.com...

> >You should either use your PC name, or set up the following entry in
> >%windows%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
> >
> >127.0.0.1 localhost
> >
> >and use localhost as hostname
>
> Yeah ok, put the service for the OMS wont even start. That because it
> looks at my domain I'm in. If the service is started I can login
> without a problem. So what I do for now is just disable my
> netwerkadapter so my DNS domain from my ISP isn't available and the
> service starts correctly and I can login without a problem.
>
> But as I don't want to disable my networkadapter everytime I want to
> start the service I'm looking for some other solutions ?

Feel free to find your own solution when you don't provide any accurate error messages and don't want to buy my answer.

The service doesn't look at the domain. PERIOD. Who has been setting it up multiple times? You? So why do you think you know better?
If you don't understand my remarks ask for clarification, but don't ridicule me.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA