Re: Oracle 9i Certification

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 23:09:54 GMT

Training courses (in descending expensive order ... sorta): consultant, Oracle training, private 3rd party, local universities, extension courses at local colleges, books, http://tahiti.oracle.com (free online manuals).

Free copy of Oracle: http://otn.oracle.com (look in downloads). It's free as long as you only use it for learning purposes.

> Are there any jobs out there where I can get hands on training?

Sure. There are plenty of places that will hire interns for peanuts (that's the small amount of money you get in exchange for experience). If you don't mind working your buns off for minimum wage (or if you're lucky, a bit more), it's not a bad way to start. Of course, I'm talking about here in the USA ... can't say what opportunities are like in other countries.