Oracle Managment Server setup

From: <_at_did>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:54:10 GMT

Hi,

I have a problem connecting my Oracle Managment Server to manage my local database. I've set up a database, I created the repository tables through the wizard in the same database, no problem. But when I try to connect it with the OMS console I always get an error: cannot resolve hostname.
I saw that the name of the OMS whas 'myPCname'.pandora.be, that's my domain I got of my ISP. I don't know what it is doing there but removing it just gives me another error.

I checked if the service for the OMS was running in XP but it wasn't. I don't know if it starts when you connect to the OMS or that you got the enable it manually ? But when I do this it automatically shuts itself down again because it wouldn't be 'in use'.

Me and another guy have the same problem and were searching for days to fix this problem but nothing seems to help. I hope I forget something and that you can help me with this !

Thx in advance,

C. Received on Thu Dec 12 2002 - 10:54:10 CST