Oracle, Linux and a Mainframe

From: Paul Watts <rafstanbridge_at_btconnect.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:06:18 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

Can any one help? We've just installed Oracle 9i on SUSE Linux running on a Mainframe (VM). The problem is Oracle runs slower than a corpse! I've checked the CPU, I/O and buffer cache and they seem to be fine (CPU approx 30-60%, I/O: very little and library and buffer caches over 94% hit rates).

Can any tell me why the instance is running so slow?

Thanks.
Paul Received on Thu Dec 12 2002 - 11:06:18 CST