Question on implicit number to string conversion

From: Eberhard Binder <Eberhard.Binder_at_LHSystems.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 12:05:02 +0100

Hallo,
  for a SAP R/3-Application, we use an OracleDB, 8.1.6, to store the data. From this DB there is a dblink to another DB, Oracle 8.0.6, which we use to store and retrieve data. That works fine.

Now, we like to migrate the linked DB from 8.0.6 to 9.2. We change the dblink on the SAP-OracleDB and observe an error. Numeric values that are stored in string-hostvariables, do have at the beginning this sign, '#'.

The sql looks something like this.

SELECT user_nr INTO :s_user_nr FROM user WHERE name = 'Binder, Eberhard'

With the current version we get for s_user_nr '515'. With 9.2 as the basic version, we get s_user_nr = '#515'.

Any hints what causes this behaviour?

Gruß, Eberhard Received on Thu Dec 05 2002 - 05:05:02 CST