basic sql help please

From: Deuce <rick_at_ricks-web.info>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:21:37 -0500

Working in sql+ for 9i. I am trying to figure out some sql things.

  1. Can I delete a record from multiple tables at once somehow ex. Delete From table1, table2, table3 Where SSN =XXXXX;
  2. how can I check the first three numbers of a field of 10 (it's a phone num) to replace all instances of one set of numbers with another. The purpose here is to replace the area code (digits 1-3) with a different set for all instances in the relation.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer. Received on Mon Nov 25 2002 - 08:21:37 CST