Re: Oracle Log File

From: Beavis <sjallad_at_Autosmartcard.com>
Date: 25 Nov 2002 05:03:19 -0800

The file is nmi.log. sorry for the typo. I looked at the thread and I went into sqlnet.ora and changed the
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(NTS) to
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(NONE), but when I shutdown the database, I was unable to start it again. I usually start it by going into the command prompt and type svrmgrl -> connect internal -> startup. But now when I type connect internal it asks for a password. I tried all different passwords and nothing worked.. I deleted the log files and they got re-created right away with errors..

Fatal NI connect error 12640, connecting to:  (DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))

  VERSION INFORMATION:

	TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.1.7.0.0 - Production
	Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version
8.1.7.0.0 - Production
  Time: 25-NOV-2002 07:34:23
  Tracing not turned on.
  Tns error struct:
    nr err code: 0
    ns main err code: 12640
    TNS-12640: Authentication adapter initialization failed     ns secondary err code: 0
    nt main err code: 0
    nt secondary err code: 0
    nt OS err code: 0

Any suggestion? Received on Mon Nov 25 2002 - 07:03:19 CST