Re: Oracle Log File

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 18:52:26 GMT

Beavis wrote:
> The file is nmi.log. sorry for the typo. I looked at the thread and I
> went into sqlnet.ora and changed the
> SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(NTS) to
> SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(NONE), but when I shutdown the
> database, I was unable to start it again. I usually start it by going
> into the command prompt and type svrmgrl -> connect internal ->
> startup. But now when I type connect internal it asks for a password.
> I tried all different passwords and nothing worked..
> I deleted the log files and they got re-created right away with
> errors..
> Fatal NI connect error 12640, connecting to:
> (DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))
>
> VERSION INFORMATION:
> TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.1.7.0.0 - Production
> Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version
> 8.1.7.0.0 - Production
> Time: 25-NOV-2002 07:34:23
> Tracing not turned on.
> Tns error struct:
> nr err code: 0
> ns main err code: 12640
> TNS-12640: Authentication adapter initialization failed
> ns secondary err code: 0
> nt main err code: 0
> nt secondary err code: 0
> nt OS err code: 0
> Any suggestion?

Bequeath is the loop-back protocol used when connecting to your local computer. The Oracle Agent seems to be having trouble. Have you checked to make sure the Oracle service is started (on Win2k: control panel / administrative tools / services)? Starting the service and starting the database are (sometimes) two different steps. Do you have multiple oracle homes ... and thus, multiple network config files? Received on Mon Nov 25 2002 - 12:52:26 CST